Sunday, January 30, 2011

In the quiet.



I've been thinking lately, that I need to spend more time with the Lord. Especially where there is no one else around and its quiet. Listening to the Lord can sometimes (and often) be more what we need than praying to Him.

With all the noise around us, it sure is hard to find a quiet moment but when I find one, its perfect. Lately, I've really been craving these moments to sit and be quiet so God has been sneaking them in, I can tell. :) The other day at work, I took a 20 minute break and drove to Starbucks (of course) to just sit and think. It was so refreshing and cleansing. I think God really wants us to stop and gain perspective in life instead of barreling through at a hundred miles an hour. We are going to get to the end of our lives and think... why did we race to get here? I want to enjoy each moment and really dwell in my purpose on this earth. Its hard to do that going a hundred miles an hour.

So we have to stop. And meet with Him.

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

No comments:

Post a Comment