Saturday, June 5, 2010

TV in 2010

It seems like right when one show ends, I fall in love with another. This can't be a good habit. :) But I have to publically announce:
I am now a total GLEEK.

I wasn't sold the first time I watched it, but after many friends, co-workers and basically EVERYONE loving it, I gave it another chance. And it won me over. The Lady Gaga episode... I've watched the last song like 4x now. A bit much? I know. A conversation with my boss got me thinking about how much TV reflects society and the culture of the time. I think the reason this show is so popular is the pure fact that it leaves you with a smile. That is always a sign of a good show. I also think the "underdog" is played up in this GLEE club "New Directions" and it really hits home for people who have felt like an outcast at one point in their lives. Musically, this show blows me away. After watching it the last couple episodes, I've said like 12x...this is what American Idol SHOULD be. Ugh, I'm so over that show. Crystal should have won, but thank goodness its over.

I'm also WAY stoked on this season of SYTYCD. (LONGEST name ever, by the way. No way am I writing that all out. If you don't know what I'm talking about, sorry) The dancers seem to be incredibly talented this season and despite the same 2 hour long structure like American Idol, Cat Deeley is just freaking adorable (Unlike Ryan Seacrest) and they do SUCH a better job in structuring the time and showing meaningful performances. Its only a top 10 this season so the competition is high! Yay!

All I have to say is thank the Lord for DVR.

Oh and last weekend's wedding festivities... TOTALLY BOSS. Mazel Tof Miata & Shox!

No comments:

Post a Comment