Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Career Change!

Well, considering I blog about 2x/month...not sure if anyone is still following. If so...I am still alive, I'm 25 (about to be 26) and life has been good! I guess the point of a blog is to update so here it is...

"Career change" you ask? INDEED! I've been sharing with most of my friends through this whole process but incase you haven't been updated... I am going back to school in the Fall! I am going to be a teacher! Yep. And I'm excited. If you are a full-time working adult and thinking/wanting to go back to school but haven't quite found the motivation, here's what I say to you. DO IT! I know that might sound easier said than done, but I truly think if we are following God in our lives on a daily basis, our hearts will desire what God has for us. Of course, this can't be said without a disclaimer or seeking wisdom, asking friends and older mentors for advice and lots of PRAYER...but I find that usually what's stopping us is our own laziness. It's been quite the challenge to get to this point but this Thursday, I am turning in my department application. If that doesn't sound very exciting or accomplished, then let me tell you a little bit of what it took to get to this point and the costs. Just for kix ;) (No pun intended)

1. Applied to SDSU as a graduate student. (Credential Program is not technically a graduate program but had to apply to become an SDSU student for the second time) $55

2. Registered for Teacher Health Education class at Grossmont $41

3. Registered for CSET exam March 12th $210

4. Fingerprints/Clearance Part 1 $68

5. Clearance Part 2 (Online) $29

6. Registered for Special Education Class $475

7. Department Application Filing Fee $25

8.4 Page Essay for Early Classroom Experience $0 Yay!

9. Statement of Purpose $0

10. Letters of Recommendation $0

11. CPR Certification (Free from work)

12. TB Test (Free from work as well)

13. CBEST Exam Scores (Took 2 years ago and passed) $100?

.... Completed Department Application. Total Domination.


[Just for fun...let's see, thats a total of about $903 out of pocket in the last 2 months, not including the CBEST exam. And I haven't even started the program]

More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment