Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thankful

What an Easter! Church, some light reading, shopping and a 7.2 EARTHQUAKE? [Thankfully our house is still standing] Could it get any crazier? Not really. ;)

But ya know, I'm very thankful for a few things today. I was realizing that what I really enjoy about Easter (and holidays in general) is the time with my family. Considering I don't have a family of my own yet, it can get lonely with my family spread out and about 500 miles away. Right now...my parents are in Hawaii on vacation and most of my brothers are in school in Northern California. I miss them all.

Even though I am reallly looking forward to having a family someday and making mad target runs, buying lots of chocolate, doing easter egg hunts and reading my children cheesy/awesome stories with props about The Resurrection, I am thankful first and foremost to my Savior and Redeemer. Without the meaning of today, I really don't know what I would put my Hope in. Because of what was done for me on the cross, I put my Hope in Him. From what I've learned in this life...people are pretty messed up. It must take a pretty Perfect God to put us back together and thankfully, we have one.

Oh Praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead!

I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment