Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oh How He Loves!

Well, I realize my last entry was about CODM and I haven't blogged since then. My friend pointed out that "I must have had a bad case of the Mondays!"

Actually, this week was dedicated to practicing for the Open Mic Night Haiti Benefit show last night at Alpha Delta Chi. The funny thing is, I actually had a post-it on my computer saying, "Practice Music" to remind me. You know, I was talking with a dear friend last night about spiritual gifts and that I feel like even though God has given me the gift of music, I am still called to cultivate that. Discipline is always something I'm working on in my life and in music, its the same. I've realized over the years, it takes: TIME, ENERGY, EFFORT and DISCIPLINE to be a good musician. Ugh. I have to remind myself, this is for God's glory and I've come to enjoy the process.

Well, on Tuesday night, my girl "Twilight" or Catherina came over around 7:30ish and we jammed until midnight. On a weekend...you know thats some dedication. It was a blast though! We let the creative juices flow, listened, played, wrote and re-wrote bridges. I need to do this more often. I'm so blessed to know a girl so musically talented and who has an ear to critique and make suggestions. I plan to jam with her on a regular basis. (Twilight, you down?!)

Thanks to my incredible parents, I have some ridiculously cool practice/recording equipment and we busted it all out! For those who aren't too familiar, it is a TC Near Interface, which is basically converting the music into what sounds like "being plugged into an amp." I route the music through the Interface to my Mac Book, plugging both my guitar and mic into the Interface to hear myself plugged in. You can practice and record, using some recording software (Garageband). I'm focusing on just practicing this way, in order to improve my vocals primarily. Some day, I'll record some stuff. Hopefully after I've written a few more songs!

Well here are some pics of what the living room looked like. *(I don't know why they are so small, sorry)



Here's my drummer, twilight. She's rad.



Well after we had practiced through the set list, it was finalized as follows:
Sweet Love of Jesus -Original
Magic -Colbie Caillait
How He Loves -John McMillan

On to Last Night! ADX hosted a "Help for Haiti" event featuring many local artists, some great food, and many awesome people! So many talented people were there! So many people in general! I would estimate around 150. What an awesome opportunity to raise money for a country in need of financial resources, along with the straight Love of Jesus. I pray what we raised (over $800) will be multiplied and go to furthering The Kingdom. Here are a few pictures from the night...



My number 1 Fans







Well, thats a wrap. Such a long post. (Had to make up for lost time)
Thanks for reading. You all rock.

Oh How He Loves!

1 comment:

  1. shooooot. i wish i coulda been at ADX to hear you kixie! i miss your sweet voice! and "how He loves" is a personal favorite of mine :)
    love you, and glad you are still cultivating your God-given gift.
    xoxoxoxo <3

    ReplyDelete