Monday, February 22, 2010

Pigeons, Lambs. I LOVE GOD'S WORD.

Dang! The bible is FUN!

I know, most people wouldn't probably say that about the bible...but that means they probably haven't read the bible where you feel like you've walked through the dust of Nazareth or actually heard the cries of Jesus. Beth Moore: I love this woman. I feel like I meet with her each day as my mentor, even though its through a devotional she wrote back in 2002! What a blessing she has been to my life, even though I know the true blessing has been in God's Word, I am just so thankful for a woman to help me understand it! I am going through the study "Jesus, the One and Only" with a group of my close friends on Thursday nights and I can't even begin to tell you how influencial this study has been in my life. I highly suggest every woman study one of hers some day. Whether or not its your cup of tea, I think the valuable take-away would be how to really study God's word with a fresh set of eyes and a renewed heart. I used to read the bible more for comfort or encouragement and honestly...sometimes I wouldn't even remember what I read. I can now say I picture what went on, understand more of the reason why it was written and can imagine in my head the incredible stories that I've heard my whole life. How fun it can be!

This weekend was awesome, as I was in Boulder, CO for ADX Convention. (I will post later about that) but my dear friend and I were in TEARS laughing about something we had learned through our study! All I can say is who knew pigeons could be so hilarious. :)



Well I'll leave you with just a taste, as I have this BM quote on my computer at work...

"Time and time again I am struck by how divine the story of the Gospel is. It did not originate in the human mind. No man could invent something so beautiful."

[I know this picture is terrible, but I just couldn't resist ;)]

3 comments:

  1. Your right this picture sucks, but it truly shows the painful laughter that I had encountered. I can't wait to upload all the craziness from this past weekend. I heart you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. you could've done me a solid and turned the photo to black and white... but I guess the splotchy red face only enhances the tears streaming down my cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I know, I should have but I think you got me back with some of the ridiculousness you posted on fb. ;)

    ReplyDelete